Symbol for elementwise multiplication of vectors

This is a notation question. Assume one is given two vector a and b, and one constructs a third vector c whose elements are given by
Is there any standard notation for this simple operation?
Is the notation below acceptable?


(Minor edits.)

It turns out that the symbol is often used to denote component-wise multiplication (a few examples are given in the comments below); and are common alternatives.

Source : Link , Question Author : D R , Answer Author : Shai Covo

Leave a Comment